Friday, January 24, 2014

Bouncin' Around

Well, any of you living in this bitter, cold Midwestern state know that it has been an awfully cold winter.  I awoke to another negative degree yesterday with a forecast of bitter temps and blizzards for the weekend. Frankly, the number doesn't matter after awhile as it just feels freakin' cold!! Bitter, numbing, awful cold.  So much for sledding or snowshoeing or any other fun activity. At least on a regular basis.

We did have the luck to have a nice type of day this weekend and built a snowman, which was really a great family activity even if it did end up looking a bit... weird.

So to battle this feeling of cabin fever we have been braving the cold and exploring the town.  Last week we went and checked out the County history museum which was pretty amazing. Honestly, I thought it was going to be lame-o.  But there was a great playroom and we were lucky enough to have a bunch of friends that were able to join us (thanks to Brianna)! This will definitely have to be a repeat trip one day as we didn't get a chance to do the scavenger hunt or really take in the exhibits.  But the kids did get the chance to see how much peddling it takes to light up bulbs.

Tuesday, we braved the cold again and headed to the library for the preschool story time.  Let me just say, Librarians are weird ducks.  No offense.  Very nice, but flat affect and just... odd.  Anyway, it was a lot of fun for the girls and just as soon as I save up enough money to pay off my last fine we may actually check some more out.




Yesterday, we braved the frigid weather to check out Kinder Gym at our local rec center.  The girls had a blast and were jumping and bouncing solid for 2 hours! Though they didn't look any more worn out than when we arrived, I have noticed a difference in attitudes this afternoon (wait... screaming and fighting in background as I type that).




I have decided to take up a couch to 5K program in an effort to get healthier.  I have survived 3 whole days of running in the mornings so far.  Sounds lame, but I have never ran more than once in a year because after the first time I know how much is sucks and never try it again!  We shall see if I can stick to it. Secretly, I don't think Brian believes I can do it so my stubbornness might just motivate me to do it!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.