Sorry for the gap between postings... If anything it can be taken as a good sign that nothing too eventfull good or bad has happened. From what we hear pregnancy (especially multiples) is a good time for uneventfulness.
Today we met our third and (hopefully) final Doctor for our second and (hopefully) final "first" appointment. Dr. Kroska is our (yes I talk as though I am just as pregnant as Kelly) Doctor. We were warned before meeting him that he is usually a "little" late for his appointments but that he is truly a great Doctor. He managed to prove the first of the two right by letting us wait in a room for an hour past our appointment time and the second by providing us with more information than anyone else has to date.
One thing he told us to prepare for was that Kelly will definitely be on bed rest as of Nov. 7th! That will give her ample time to "foster the growth of the babies" and make one hell of a butler out of me! We were also told that the 35 week mark is the magic number for us. If Kelly were to deliver anytime after then all should be dandy! So, maybe some New Years babies... we'll see.
As far as today's apt, everyone is healthy and the twins have audible heartbeats we got to hear for the first time! We read that they now have tiny finger prints and pee like real kids (Kelly is still getting used to the idea of being peed in). It truly is a miracle...
Kelly is told that she is gaining weight at a healthy rate and is expected to gain between 35 and 45 pounds. I refrained from asking about my weight gain so that I can keep telling myself that its totally healthy.... theres no way Kelly can eat for 3 so I help her out as much as possible. I was also shocked to hear that Kelly may become emotionally "short fused". I can't imagine that ever happening! (hopefully me saying that will save me at least one toungue lashing!) ;)
We'd like to thank everyone who has commented so far we love hearing from you and appreciate the support! So, keep checking in for more updates and the big "reveal" sometime in september!
Brian
Well, Little Ones, you have once again put smiles on all who greatly anticipate your arrival on the awesome announcement of real developing fingerprints, and YES, even pee! This all means you are growing so fast now! What are you to be?? That is the question. What fun we are having listening to all the "reasons" why we should vote one way or the other on your sex. You can smugly play the game with us for another while...isn't it fun sharing your own "first secret?" You sure poop mommy out so be sure to give her lots of chances to catch snoozes. She has a big job ahead of her! And for daddy, I have never seen him so happy..he loves the thought of being a "family man!" You two and mommy complete that in him. That is all he has ever wanted in life! Ok, better let you get back to sleep now...rest peacefully, grow daily and feel the love!! Nana
ReplyDeleteHey-thanks so much Kelly & Brian for sharing with everyone your special time!!! I think it is absolutely wonderful & can't wait to see you soon! Just was thinking that this is going to make me a GREAT Aunt LU!!!
ReplyDelete