Yes, it's true. We've made it to the 14 week mark and then some. The time in pregnancy when you finally start to tell folks and maybe begin to notice a little belly forming..... Or you told everyone weeks and weeks ago because you can't keep a secret and you're belly is expanding at an enormous rate and never would have kept your secret even if you could have. It's been... interesting to see people's faces when they find out how far along I am. Definitely catches them off guard. Then of course I feel obligated to tell them I am carrying twins as if to justify my size. A large majority then always suprise me by saying "I always wanted twins!" and I find myself caught off guard. Who are these people? Do they realize what they are saying? We both feel unbelievably blessed by this gift and of course are very excited, but would this be something we would have ever wished for? That I'm not sure about. Maybe because it's the reality of it all is setting in (as much as it can at this point). A never ending sea of feeding, diapers, laundry, crying, spit-up... It will be wonderful, that I do believe, but still.... Who is that crazy? It's gonna be good, though. And I can't wait to see their little faces, their fingers and toes. I can't wait to hold them. I can't wait to feel them squirm and kick. Did I mention that I can't see pictures of twins and not have my eyes water? Yes, I am excited. Yes, I am terrified! Yes, I am getting bigger by the minute. Hard to believe that all I've gained is about 5 or 6 lbs!
Monday, August 4, 2008
14 weeks and counting...
Yes, it's true. We've made it to the 14 week mark and then some. The time in pregnancy when you finally start to tell folks and maybe begin to notice a little belly forming..... Or you told everyone weeks and weeks ago because you can't keep a secret and you're belly is expanding at an enormous rate and never would have kept your secret even if you could have. It's been... interesting to see people's faces when they find out how far along I am. Definitely catches them off guard. Then of course I feel obligated to tell them I am carrying twins as if to justify my size. A large majority then always suprise me by saying "I always wanted twins!" and I find myself caught off guard. Who are these people? Do they realize what they are saying? We both feel unbelievably blessed by this gift and of course are very excited, but would this be something we would have ever wished for? That I'm not sure about. Maybe because it's the reality of it all is setting in (as much as it can at this point). A never ending sea of feeding, diapers, laundry, crying, spit-up... It will be wonderful, that I do believe, but still.... Who is that crazy? It's gonna be good, though. And I can't wait to see their little faces, their fingers and toes. I can't wait to hold them. I can't wait to feel them squirm and kick. Did I mention that I can't see pictures of twins and not have my eyes water? Yes, I am excited. Yes, I am terrified! Yes, I am getting bigger by the minute. Hard to believe that all I've gained is about 5 or 6 lbs!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
You look great! I think prego ladies are so cute! :) Can't wait to see them! I know everyone is so excited! You will make great parents! :) Jackie
ReplyDeleteAnd you my dear daughter-in-law...are very cute!! At my age...the tummy is NOT so cute :)And I have no excuses to use either...DARN!
ReplyDeleteLove ya the way you are...
Mom-in-law
Twins are great
ReplyDeleteTwins are fine
I'm really glad
They'll be nieces of mine!
(or nephews or....)
I love the names you've picked out. I get really tired of the new "invented names" or the "gee, let's see how many weird ways we can spell this name!" Can you imagine being some of them when they're 90?
Love you both,
Aunt Pat