Thursday, October 30, 2008

Still pluggin' along...

Another big day. I've been feeling strange the last few days. Lots of pressure and some contractions every time I was up even briefly. I was starting to secretly expect to find a hand waving at me when I used the restroom. Everything checked out at the doctor's office. My cervix is still about 40% effaced (or thinned) like last time, but is still closed nicely. My belly measures out at full term and baby A is still low and head down which might explain all the discomfort and pressure. And apparently my uterus is a "dumb muscle" and gets upset about nearly everything : babies moving, full bladder, changing positions, etc. and that I can just kind of expect this. We are going to start having some weekly visits now, just to monitor everything and make sure things continue to go well.

We got lots done yesterday (meaning I watched Brian get lots done) and still seem to have a long way to go. It's amazing how messy two people can be. I think we simply have too much stuff! Where did it all come from and why can't we part with it? My husband also came to my rescue today when our mysteriously free cable ended. It was like the longest hour of my life! Some people watch the sun move through the sky to tell them the time of day. I've been keeping track by tv shows. But not an hour later our cable was mysteriously restored (I'll say no more on that)! Hurray! My hero!

1 comment :

  1. Bed rest?! Ughh!!! I hope the time passes quickly, but that you still get to enjoy many more moments rubbing a big belly, feeling the pitter patter of feet, and embracing this time of having them so incredibly close to you. (I still feel angst about having missed that!) You look beautiful in all of the pics you posted! Hang in there!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.