So I had my glucose tolerance test today. 3+ hours of sitting in an uncomfy chair at the doctor's office, starving and nauseous, contracting and poked. Not real fun. I never seem to get a day pass anywhere fun... Maybe next time we could have our checkup at the spa. Or maybe the nurses could start giving patients pedicures while they wait... I'll have to remember to fill out that survey they send you...
Anyway, the test requires 4 blood draws. One before they give you the sugar solution and then 3 more each an hour after the next. I managed to pass the first two and then pretty miserably fail the 3rd. Somehow, I managed to pass the last one by TWO points. Yes, just two, but it was enough. Luckily, you only have to pass 3 of 4 draws. I couldn't believe it. I was pretty convinced I was doomed. Of course I still have to make sure I am eating well, but now I don't have to worry about finger pokes or my hubby trying to convince me why it would be 'fun' to let him stick me with my insulin.
Other than that things have been pretty status quo. Contractions on and off through the day, but nothing too continuous. My biggest problem is just getting comfy. It seems like everytime I find the right spot I have to get up to use the bathroom and then start all over again. My belly is feeling really heavy and I have two girls who are starting to get all their limbs in weird places. I'm slowly coming out of the funk I had found myself in. I'm pretty sure those wonderful calls from family, visits and cookies from Aunt Lu have a little to do with it. Thanks.
Ah yes, God in His wisdom knew our Kelly needed a break from all the "yuckies" she has gone through. And He has granted more growing time for those precious little girls...so hang in there...we love you.
ReplyDeleteWow, I feel full just looking at Kelly! Ha. It was fun catching up, although Sandie does a great job of keeping me filled in. Hang in there kiddos--like you have a choice. :) This will all be worth it one day... and then that one day will pass and you'll be back to thinking, what were we thinking?!
ReplyDelete