Monday, November 10, 2008

More news is bad news?

So we had another Dr. visit and growth ultrasound today. The girls were a little more shy than usual today so all we really got was this profile of Baby A. Baby B was not up for the paparazzi. We also got a sneak peak at the nice patch of hair that Baby A is growing! Who knew you could even see these things. The girls are growing, but not quite at the rate they once were. Baby B is right on schedule for her age and is weighing in at a whopping 2 lbs 12 oz. Her sister however, is starting to fall a little behind and is measuring a week younger than her twin at 2 lbs 6oz. Dr Kroska isn't alarmed at this time, but as Baby A is at the low end of normal for the amount of fluid in her amniotic sac we will have to keep a close eye on this level.

I also had to complete a glucose challenge test today, which I failed horribly. This is an indicator of possible gestational diabetes. Not good. So now I get to go back on Wednesday for a 3 HOUR glucose test. If you ask me it sounds like the one fun thing I have left in all of this (food, especially chocolate) is about to be taken away from me. All, I know is that these better be some damn cute, sweet babies or I will be asking for a refund!

I have been trying to keep a positive attitude, but I can't lie and have been feeling a bit down these last few days. I can't help but see our chances of spending time in the NICU growing stronger and stronger (no offense girls, but I think you all know that working in NICU is one thing and sending your babies there is another). Dr. Kroska was kind enough to remind me that not EVERYTHING that CAN go wrong has gone wrong... yet so that is a plus, but that it is a very fair assumption that our babies will be here before christmas ( a very bittersweet present indeed).

4 comments :

  1. Hi Kelly and Brian,

    We are praying for those little girls and also for the both of you. Keep thinking good thoughts and all will turn out fine. Thanks for keeping us informed. Lov Dor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute, baby!! Good luck, Kel! Your strong personality will pull you through. I am over in in CS cheering you on!! Can you please let me know when you are at work again so I can come bring you good stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly and Brian, I know you have not had a "normal" pregnancy and that things are tough right now. I wish I could wave a magic wand and all would be better! I can't so all I can say is "we are here for you." Call to scream, cry and vent...you deserve it! And we know that you know once you hold these precious dumplin's in your arms, all will be right again! We love you all so much! Mom W.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kelly & Brian
    It was great visiting with you guys yesterday!! Hope that I brightened your day. Wish I could have stayed longer-but needed to get home. Hang in there-all will be fine when you get to hold them in your arms. Love, LU

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.