Sunday, November 9, 2008

Number two


[Brian] We made our second trip to the hospital around eleven pm on the 7th with Kelly having more contractions. I was at work in St. Joe when she called me and am proud of my time getting home. About 10 minutes! I swear I didn't speed (fingers crossed). I guess the girls were excited for Grandma Deb, Grandpa Larry, and Aunty Lori's visit to St. Cloud on Satuday and thought they'd cause some trouble.

So more monitoring of babies and moms hearts and contractions. A shot in the arm and an IV full of some other stuff (as you can tell I'm not the one in the medical field). The Dr. said she'd like to keep her overnight so we settled in to a new room and hunkered down for the eve.

[Kelly] Lucky Brian managed to escape before the nurses pulled out the big needles for a nice stinging shot in the butt to only be repeated again in 24 hours. He always misses out on the good stuff. So by 2 am I had been pumped full of drugs (for contractions and steroids to aid the babies maturity), fluids (so that bedrest really meant lugging my IV pole to the bathroom every 30 min and almost no sleep) and enough belly jelly to choke off the local wild life if it ever ends up in our water system.

About 6 am on the 8th the contractions started up despite the drugs and Dr. Kroska decided to keep me another day/night (after all we didn't want to miss out on that 2nd shot in the tuckis). Because of the icky weather my family wasn't able to make it which was a bigger bummer as we had all been looking forward to seeing them, but I did get a bit of company and got to see some of my coworkers. Sandie and Brandy and Krissy all brought me wonderful gifts and plenty of stuff to occupy my time so I'm stocked up for my next visit (which seems inevitable). They did finally release me this morning with drugs and the probability of some continued contractions but hopefully nothing like Friday. My cervix is still closed which is a good sign and is about 2.5cm (under 2 and I will be getting a new place of residence). It's about 60% effaced which is a change from 40% so we will continue to watch with those fun filled weekly ultrasounds.

We do have a growth ultrasound tomorrow so we will see how big they've gotten. And now that our scanner and computer upstairs is hooked up I PROMISE we will post some pics. Here is a pic from early on Friday before we went in for our 28 wk mark. Enjoy.

1 comment :

  1. Hey Kelly! You need to stop making these trips to the hospital...I know you miss us, but really...! How is it that you look smaller at 28 weeks than at 26? Those babies must be in there differently, cuz your belly is taller, but not bigger!! Rest easy! Missy Anez

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.