Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Doctor Visit Update

So yet another visit to see good ol' Dr. Kroska yesterday. Our usual Monday field trip. All went pretty well, I suppose. I have been having a lot of pressure and a big increase in the amount of contractions I had been having (every 10 min waiting for our appointment). I wasn't too concerned as they never seem to last longer than an hour before resolving. There have been some long strong ones here and there, but as quick as they come they vanish. Well, my hubby "tattled" on me to the nurse as I was in the BR. So I got quizzed and a bunch of concerned looks, but all for not. Our US showed that my cervix is unchanged in length, no funneling and no dilating which means that even though they are there, the conctractions really aren't doing anything other than adding to my discomfort. We also did a fFN (fetal fibronectin) swab. If you test positive for this protein and are having symptoms of preterm labor it can be an indicator that labor is immenint in the next week. As mine was negative it is very good reassurance that I'm going to make it another two weeks, maybe longer. Good news.

1 comment :

  1. You are both going thru alot of different emotions right now but it is always very cool to see how you are strong in handling the "ups and downs" of these visits and all the interesting little tweaks that come in between! And soon those little ones will appear...and NO MORE COUCH!!! Hang in there..we love you ALL! Mom and Dad W.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.