Monday, December 22, 2008

Lots of firsts..






Such a big day today! I've spent the last 7 hours at the hospital and am utterly exhausted but it was so worth it! Lili was bright eyed and bushy tailed today; what a change! I can finally post some pictures of her with her eyes open. I don't know what her sister said to her Saturday, but today she was like a whole different kid. She is breathing regularly and therefore got to attempt breastfeeding for the first time today. She took off like a shot! Such big girls I have. Addi was kind enough to sleep through her turn so as not to steal her sister's spotlight.

Later, we did get to do their baths. Lili thought the experience was just so-so and complained a little here and there while Addi seemed to enjoy the whole thing. After her bath, Lili took the opportunity as she was cord free to join her sister in her isolette. She seemed to really liked it. Addi continued to sleep despite efforts by her father and her sister to try and wake her. If this has the same effect as Saturday's reunion I expect them to be crawling when I go in tomorrow!

3 comments :

  1. Hi Kelly,
    Congratulations on your beautiful baby girls. I loved all the pictures you have of your wonderful family! It was great to see you pictures for pregancy on. You were all baby! They were really neat I enjoyed them. What a wonderful christmas present to have two beautiful girl, how precious. Take care a have a nice christmas. Hope to see you soon. Jennifer Kiffmeyer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!

    Your daughters are beautiful!!!

    Do you know when they will be able to go home? Do they have to reach a certain weight first?

    I hope you are healing well from the surgery!
    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see the whole family this weekend!!! Merry Christmas Eve! Missing you...Auntie Lori

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.