I just wanted to take this moment to say some thanks and remember all I am grateful for...
1. As much as it sucks and as uncomfortable as I am I'm greatful to have been able to make it this far for my little girls and give them the best start possible in life.
2. Thank you to my husband who is my protector and my very best friend. I know that sometimes my eyes only see what didn't get done, etc. but I am working everyday to remember to set those things aside, realize how trivial they are and enjoy each and every minute we have together. I love you and can't wait until the day that we fit together again like puzzle pieces and can really snuggle!
3. I am grateful to all of those who have passed on kind words; especially to a certain anonymous person. You really made my day that day and I don't even know who you are.
4. Thank you for such a wonderful family who has bent over backwards to help out around the house and help keep my spirits up. Thank you also to all my wonderful friends and coworkers who have come to visit and lend support in a million different ways. I've never felt so loved.
5. I am grateful for my sweet dog who seems to know sometimes when I really need some extra love and comes to snuggle with me and make me feel a little less lonely; even if she does snore.
6. I am thankful for all sorts of silly things: My sticker maker coming in the mail, red meat, frozen pizza, stretchy pants, Law & Order, pillows, smelly candles, peppermint foot lotion, my hubby who can actually still reach my feet since I can't, and christmas lights.
Hi, I am the one who shared my own identical twin birth-weight information.
ReplyDeleteI was worried it might be thought weird that I check in on the progress of a little family that doesn't know me and that I don't know, but I am touched if my words may have given you even a smidgen of comfort on a stressful day.
Your doctors will do all they can to ensure healthy babies AND a healthy Mommy. Medical science can go far, and positive thoughts can go the rest of the way!
My suggestion for Daddy during the c-section (which is what I had my husband do at our emergency c-section for our son): if he feels he might get woozy - hold your hand and look into your eyes, this is the birth of your babies, and even though the delivery room will be filled with medical people, you will never share a more intimate moment.
Your little girls are fortunate to have such a bright, insightful, and intriguing Mommy with a wonderful sense of humor, creativity, and the extraordinary ability to realize what is important in life - love, friendship, and smelly candles!!
I wanted to THANK YOU for sharing such an important and wonderful part of your life.
Happy Holidays from Northern MN and best wishes to Kelly, Brian, Adeline & Lilian!
Abby