Damn! I've just been tagged by my friend H over at The Ride. As the rules state, if you have read someone else's 16 Things About Me you are now dutifully obligated to reciprocate on your blog. So here goes...
1. I'm the proud mother of twins. Just a year ago I was terrified that becoming a mom would be the end of my life. That it would be my sole role; all that I would be viewed as. There's Kelly, she's a mom. I felt my life must have some greater purpose than simply being "a mom". Now, I can't imagine wanting to be anything else. I can't imagine a greater purpose.
2. I've been off work since October due to the pregnancy/birth of the girls. Not one iota of me misses it. A terrible thing to admit in an economy like it is, I know, but I love not working and staying home with the girls. I dread going back. Lucky for me I have amazing co-workers that I do truly miss that will make it all seem okay.
3. I married the most wonderful man on the face of this earth. He makes me angry like no one else in the world can, but I love him like I will love no one else. He is perfect for me. And if anyone ever gets any funny ideas and tries to take him (not that I could blame you) I will kill you. No lie.
4. I love my elbows. They are pointy like sticks.
5. I miss my bellybutton. It looks like it's aged 40 years. I secretly pray everyday that it is back to normal. It bothers me more than my stretch marks.
6. I miss my sisters. I wish they lived here. I have tried every chance I've gotten to get them to move here. Sometimes I feel like they couldn't be farther away.
7. Despite having awesome friends here, I feel closest to a strange woman on the internet I've never met who has been going through the same thing I have. I get all giddy when I see I've gotten a new email. I imagine that this is what some people find in affairs. Weird, I know.
8. I hate when strangers oogle my kids and ask such personal questions. I generally don't like making small talk with strangers. It makes me uncomfortable and feels like a waste of time. I know they mean well, but...
9. I yearn to reach out and pinch the cheeks of the next person who tries to touch my girls to see how they like it.
10. I love to read. This is the one trait I hope most of all to pass on to my girls.
11. I miss smoking. I secretly hope that they uncover evidence that disproves the cancer link or creates cancer-free cigarettes. If it wasn't for my girls I would start smoking again in an instant.
12. I have a huge crush on Paul Newman. Young Paul Newman, obviously.
13. I have a huge girl crush on Natalie Portman.
14. Sometimes I wish I could be less honest with my husband. I feel like I hurt his feelings sometimes because I can't lie to him. Sometimes I feel like I'm not good for him (but I'll still kill you if you try and take him!)
15. I collect rocks. I miss it and yearn for spring.
16. There are not 16 interesting things to say about myself.
Now, if you had to do this (cuz you've now been tagged) please leave a link to your blog in my comments so I can read them!
I miss you too :( This was really fun to read. Kiss the girls for me.
ReplyDeleteLove Auntie Lori
I was tagged at Heather's blog too and now yours!! My 16 Things can be found at: auntie-lawyer-ville.blogspot.com
ReplyDelete