Thursday, January 22, 2009

For whom the bell tolls...



Addi: As you may have noticed by now, our mother is a total girl and loves to dress us up. Today she made us wear these awful hair bows. I mean, we don't even have hair! She ate it up, though. Totally loved them.

Lili: I know what you mean, Sis. First those cutsie hats and now these. What's next? Is your's giving you a headache yet?

Kelly: You guys just shush! You owe me after that episode this morning where a certain someone thought that choking in their crib and turning purple before finally breathing again was funny. Do you like making your mother cry?

Lili: I'm not sure why I have to suffer for Addi's little incident...

*Addi giggles*

Kelly: Well, you DID help her wake me up every hour through the night! Thank goodness for coffee...

Lili: Well...

Kelly: Not to mention that thanks to you two your mom is forced to drive a van.

*Silence*

Yep, that's right. The bell tolls for me the death knoll of my youth. I am now the (not-so) proud driver of a mini van. Ouch. I couldn't feel more mom-ish. Might as well break out the pleated, tapered pants and the holiday sweaters. It was pretty necessary, though. And for those of you keeping count, that makes 3, yes 3, new vehicles in the past year. First the cute little Versa we leased for 26 days until we learned we were having twins and that there was NO WAY it was gonna work out. Then came the Tuscan which we thought would be plenty big for our growing family. Boy, were we wrong. No space for even a bag of groceries once the stroller was in the vehicle let alone space for anyone else. Afterall, when Auntie Erin comes to visit do we really want to have to take TWO vehicles so that we could go out to eat? A little ridiculous. So now this is it. We are driving this van until it dies. There is nothing like turning 30, having kids and buying a van (all in what, 3 months?) to make you feel OLD. I know. Just cuz I drive a van doesn't mean that my cool factor (what little I had, anyway) has to drop, but it will take a lot more work to keep it up, that's for sure. I know I will love it. That it will be oh so convienent. I know all that. It doesn't mean I have to like it.

(Addi is awake with purple bow. Lili is sleeping with green bow)

2 comments :

  1. Ok, Kel! You are cracking me up! Not to mention surprising the hell out of me! I am so glad to see you enjoy motherhood! I miss you! Can't wait to see you soon! (I know, I know it's all too soon. Sucks, I know. Oh do I know all too well!) Keep those pictures coming--can't tell they're identical at all--LOL!! Sweet, sweet baby girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Say Addi

    Could you get Dad to post a picture of Mom in her so cool new mini van.

    Love Gpa Larry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.