Sunday, January 18, 2009

Day Tripper


What a busy little weekend. Gma Deb and Gpa Larry came up on Saturday to visit and snuggle (the ladies that is; they didn't even offer to snuggle me or Brian). A wonderful lunch and lots of oohing and ahhing and then they were off. Unfortunately they couldn't stay long but the girls send their love and miss you two already.

Today was spent all about town or so it seemed. Our first family excursion around with the stroller and everything. Our car is too small for such a mammoth stroller, but boy does it handle like a dream. I was very nervous about being able to get around with the thing, but honestly it turns on a dime. We did some shopping at Kmart and Shopko and were only approached twice to be oogled. Neither woman tried to touch them, thank god, because I didn't want to slap anyone's hand but I was ready to if need be! I spent enough time at the hospital and I am going to do all I can to keep my girls healthy and out of there. It's going to be hard enough once I return to work I don't need strangers spreading germs. (I know, I know... But I'm a first time mother germ-a-phobe so cut me some slack...)

Back home just in time for feedings and a nap then off to the family's for spaghetti and more snuggling (once again, Brian and I were totally snubbed on our turns to be snuggled- it's all about those darned girls! P.S. they sure did miss Gpa Gary!). The ladies did well. Then again, they always do when they're being held. A small upset in the car on the ride back as it was awfully close to feeding time, but we made it and then snuggled some more until Addi had to ruin it for everyone by peeing on her mama!

So all in all a very fun and eventful weekend, but like always we did it with style (see photo of the ladies in their hats from great-gma V.)

1 comment :

  1. she peed on you thats way to funny... wish i was there for that one... i cant wait to see them.. it looks like it will be in august.. miss you guys!
    erin*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.