Brian was very brave and took the girls to their 2 month check up on Monday while I was away at work. A real hands on dad who just jumps right in. He is wonderful. (You should see peoples' faces when they hear this. Are men out there that uninvolved in childcare? And why should that be considered "normal" and Brian considered "odd"? Anyway, that's a whole nother blog sometime). Overall, he says it went well. Shots. No one liked them. I'm sure you can sympathize. Turns out the girls are porking out! Addi is now 9# 5oz and Lili is 9#12oz. Wow! They are growing like weeds. Lili even thinks she can hold her own bottle! They look like real babies sadly enough. But boy are they getting fun. They are starting to coo and play. Addi loves to read stories where as Lili would rather be on the floor kickin' and groovin' on her play mat. Addi is trying out the swing today. She seems rather static; just staring off into space. Not sure she likes it. Not sure she dislikes it. They both do have their times they like to cuddle, which of course I love. Papa came home the other day and discovered our little secret. Sometimes we are nothing but lazy and nap on the couch. All three of us. The same thing I have to lecture people about at work... Hypocrite? Hell yes! And loving it! Everyone seems amazed over and over again that we aren't feeling overwhelmed or clamoring for help. I guess that not being able to breastfeed was a blessing in disguise. It definetly allows for much more sleep. It helps that my husband is ubber-amazing and thinks of us as a "team" rather than me the coach and him the benchwarmer. Also, I think we are very blessed to have such wonderful girls. They are very happy and well behaved. If you are reading this Heather, I had read that chocolate during pregnancy leads to happier babies. I can't say for certain that this had any influence, but hell, it's totally worth the sacrafice ;)
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Update
Brian was very brave and took the girls to their 2 month check up on Monday while I was away at work. A real hands on dad who just jumps right in. He is wonderful. (You should see peoples' faces when they hear this. Are men out there that uninvolved in childcare? And why should that be considered "normal" and Brian considered "odd"? Anyway, that's a whole nother blog sometime). Overall, he says it went well. Shots. No one liked them. I'm sure you can sympathize. Turns out the girls are porking out! Addi is now 9# 5oz and Lili is 9#12oz. Wow! They are growing like weeds. Lili even thinks she can hold her own bottle! They look like real babies sadly enough. But boy are they getting fun. They are starting to coo and play. Addi loves to read stories where as Lili would rather be on the floor kickin' and groovin' on her play mat. Addi is trying out the swing today. She seems rather static; just staring off into space. Not sure she likes it. Not sure she dislikes it. They both do have their times they like to cuddle, which of course I love. Papa came home the other day and discovered our little secret. Sometimes we are nothing but lazy and nap on the couch. All three of us. The same thing I have to lecture people about at work... Hypocrite? Hell yes! And loving it! Everyone seems amazed over and over again that we aren't feeling overwhelmed or clamoring for help. I guess that not being able to breastfeed was a blessing in disguise. It definetly allows for much more sleep. It helps that my husband is ubber-amazing and thinks of us as a "team" rather than me the coach and him the benchwarmer. Also, I think we are very blessed to have such wonderful girls. They are very happy and well behaved. If you are reading this Heather, I had read that chocolate during pregnancy leads to happier babies. I can't say for certain that this had any influence, but hell, it's totally worth the sacrafice ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
Those are some cute babies!
ReplyDelete