What a weekend! Gma Deb and Gpa Larry came on Friday to stay over and see the girls. They were very suprised to see how much they've grown! We had lots of fun even though gma is convinced they might be spoiled (just well loved I say). Maybe if she didn't spend so much time pinching them they wouldn't cry so much! Kidding, kidding. They warmed up quickly and had lots of fun with their grandparents. I think both gparents got their fair share of coos and smiles and boy did they soak them all up! Such proud gparents. Another few weeks and we will get to take our first trip down to good ol' Slaytona Beach to see them and introduce these little ladies to yet another of their great gmas.
Nana Sandie and Gpa Gary came today to watch the girls so that Brian and I could get away to the Cities and take in a play. We went to see RENT with Adam Pascal and Anthony Rapp (two of the original cast members). The show, though sad, was exceptional! It took all we had not to break out into song and dance. I'm convinced Brian will spend our next week attempting to turn our lives into a real life musical. Thanks again guys. It sounds like the girls behaved well, though, Nana might have cultivated a Hallmark channel addiction in our little Addi. Ugh. We thought we had escaped "The Channel" when we moved here from Clearwater (that was the ONLY channel we got). I'm not sure how much more or the Ingalls girls and Mr. Norris I can take.
As good as the show was, I think my favorite part was a quiet, sunny Saturday afternoon spent as a family in our sun porch playing scrabble. Though a Sunday evening spent listening to Lili try to sing along with her papa and his ukulele is a very close second. Take that Neil Young. You've got nothing on our little duo. That is what weekends are made for.
No comments :
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.