Monday, April 27, 2009

Just another manic monday...






At least I think it's Monday... Feeling pretty out of sorts and befuddled. It was a BUSY weekend at work and if things continue at that rate I might either have to buy stock in a beer company or start attending AA (just kidding folks, chill). Now I finally get a day off and I only have laundry, the checkbook and bills, studying for my test on Wed, and diapers to do since I've already managed to bathe the girls, wash bottles, do dishes and clean the 700+ layers of gunk out of the microwave... Did I say it was my day off? The girls have been very helpful by trying to entertain me during my studies and shouting out answers. Little nurses in the making (though I'm not sure I would wish the stress and long hours on them). Maybe they could be librarians or toll bridge workers or something.

Brian added to his tattoo sleeve last Thursday and the girls wore shirts in his support ("Our daddy's tattos are cooler than yours"). The girls are well- squealing and happy. They have adopted blankies (thanks Lindsey, they love 'em). Addi can't fall asleep during the day without it- she loves to have something to hang onto. Lili really enjoys stealing Addi's blanket when she's not looking or playing peek-a-boo with herself in the mirror (for real- it was ADORABLE). The other night we were thrilled by Lili's excitement over her sister. Each girl was standing on one of our laps. I was holding Lili and she kept looking over at Addi. Addi was pretty content gazing at her Papa, but then turned to look at Lili- That's when Lili let out the biggest squeal and a smile. It was so sweet. It's been fun to watch those brief moments when they are starting to realize they have a sibling, recognize her and rejoice in her presence. Occasionally, they talk back and forth and even hold hands. Most of the time, though, they just ignore one another or accidentally beat the hell out of each other. It's a miracle they aren't covered in scratches and bruises. Addi has also been teaching her sister to show off her belly. What am I going to do with this one? Looks like trouble ahead if you ask me.

Thursday we will get our new stove- how glorious it will be to have a working oven again! Friday, we will leave for Gma & Gpa M's house. It promises to be a VERY busy weekend. Our first big car trip/weekend. I have a feeling that 2 of us will just sleep the whole way anyway, which is fine by me!

3 comments :

  1. i like the idea of kelly and i getting a three hour nap. i hope lili can reach the all the controls since she's offered to drive.

    brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh... I am so glad that they like their blankies!!!!!!

    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the new blog look. And I love your family photo! It is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.