Wow. This year is flying by! The girls had their 6 month check up yesterday and Bri was brave once again and ventured it on his own. The girls are growing like weeds apparently. Lili weighed in at a whopping 15# 8oz and Addi just a pound behind at 14# 8oz. They are in the 70%s for height making them tall and skinny I guess. Maybe they won't end up pipsqueaks like their mama, but tall beautiful long legged lookers. The years will tell I suppose. They are off to a good start as they are cute as hell already! Shots went as shots do and in the end they all survived. It was a long day for me at work. I'm pretty jealous of Bri when he gets to do these things and I have to miss out. I'm sure he thinks I'm crazy. Being the semi-neurotic mama I am I made sure to send a note full of questions. I wanted to send the video camera or a tape recorder but I am trying to keep the crazy a bit under control.
So today we are getting packed up to go to Brian's family reunion at the casino. Trapped at a hotel until Sunday should present an interesting challenge. I have a feeling we will be coming back sleep deprived! The girlies don't seem to do so well with change. That or their grunts and groans are just much louder in person than over the monitor. I managed to pack all their stuff in just one duffle bag! It sounds crazy but once you get formula, diapers, food, spoons, clothes, etc in a pile it sure adds up. We made sure to pack our swim suits and the camera so there will hopefully be some pretty cute pics when we get back! I am so looking forward to all the adventure it will bring even if our sleep has to suffer a little (I might eat this statement at 3am amongst all the wailing!).
Poor Lucky was almost left in the dust once again... It wasn't until this a.m. that Brian remembered that we had made no plans for her! Oops. Lucky for Lucky the kennel had some openings. Lucky for us, too, or we all would have been staying home. After our Fargo trip Lucky is no longer allowed in hotel rooms. Ugh. After this weekend the girls might not be allowed in hotel rooms!
The caravan leaves this afternoon. Wish us luck and wish us sanity!
No comments :
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.