Only a few more days until I leave for Virginia! Ugghhh! I don't feel ready at all. Gone on Thursday and not back until Monday night! It feels so very long. What will I do without my family!? I can't help but think about all of the millions of horrible things that could happen while I am gone. I know it's morbid and pessimistic, but I can't shake this lingering fear of missing my babies grow up. Only natural? I don't know. Could just be my neurosis again.
I'm trying hard to remember the wonder that will come with this trip. I will stand witness to my baby sister getting married. Wow. I don't even know what to say about that. I am so excited for her as she begins this adventure. And boy is marriage an adventure. One I am so glad to be on! Oh, and did I mention that I plan to sleep in every single day I can while I am gone? And no getting up in the middle of the night. Cocktails! Time with my other family, my family away from home family. My original family tree (before we all started branching out). It will be good. *say it again* It will be good *again* It will be good.... Until I die tragically in a plane crash! Oops.
I am also glad to report that the nights have been calmer around here. For a while there we were getting up around 6-12 times a night! Up the stairs. Down the stairs. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat... We tried changing things to rule out the problem. Warmer jammies. Cooler jammies. Co-bedding. Then finally... Back to the cloth diapers. We had gotten out of the habit as they had such sore butts. Now the last 2 nites since the change back it has been silent! Wondrously silent.
And Heather, I am thinking of you daily. Can't wait to finally read that post announcing another lovely young man into our world. Hope all is well! Luck!
you're nuts!
ReplyDelete