Up much too early after a fitful night's sleep. Lili was feeling pretty miserable yesterday having picked up my cold. A mild fever overnight and a boogery nose made her a bit fussy. She was pretty rundown last night but seems to have perked up a bit today despite being a bit congested yet. She's been a bit more fussy, but is for the most part her usual bouncy, snuggley self. My favorite game is to lean my head forward slightly so that my chin touches my chest while I look her in the eye. She will then do the same so that her forehead touches mine and she laughs while I give her Eskimo kisses. She will play this game over and over. Such a loving girl. I swear she purposefully gives me kisses. She will just open her mouth, lean forward and slobber all over my face and then giggle. It's so amazing.
So today I still have a plugged up ear and a cough but am finally feeling better. Honey pancakes this morning really hit the spot. A rainy day. I kind of like those. Gives me a good excuse to hole up inside and not feel guilty. Plus, it starts to feel like fall. My favorite season. I don't like how short it is; how quickly winter overtakes. I am excited for autumn leaves and pumpkins.
The girls are 8 months old now. And like I've said before, SO close to crawling. They get all the way up on their hands and knees only to settle back onto those little Buddha bellies. Haven't yet got around to getting a safety gate rigged to the wrought iron staircase rail by the basement so it's probably for the best. Not to mention figuring out how to keep them out of the dog's food and water. Lucky has been eating their pacifiers (two down today alone) so I guess it would be only fair they got a chance for paybacks.
We are about to be famous! Well, not really. The NICU was just starting up an infant CPR/Choking class while we were there with the girls. We were given a box with a video, reminder cards and a practice dummy to take home and keep, refresh and teach other caregivers. As you all know, Brian did get the chance to put the knowledge to use on Lili a few months ago. Since then, we have been working with Rebbecca from the March of Dimes program at the hospital (who is heading up this project thanks to the MoD grant the NICU received a few years ago) to help aid in fund raising to keep this program going in order to help other couples gain this invaluable knowledge. Now our story will be coming up in one of the future Spotlight On Health articles that CentraCare publishes. We have an interview and photo shoot next Thursday. Pretty exciting (not really- I hate being photographed). I am excited to help keep this program going. As an employee I always wondered why we couldn't provide this service to our parents- especially when so many of our babies had needed help during their stay and even sent home on monitors. Then as a parent I was so excited to know that the service was available to us. Sending my hubby to an 8 hr class wasn't exactly practical when I was on bedrest and couldn't work. Hopefully we will be able to empower parents with the knowledge to save their child's or perhaps another child's life. It's never bad info to have.
Kelly, your girls warm my heart! They are just too, darn cute! How's the new gig goin'? Hope all is well! Missy A.
ReplyDelete