Thursday, November 5, 2009

How big is Mama? SO BIG!

That's right! Mama is a big kid. She kind of forgets it being surrounded by kids at work and kids at home. Thank you, Jan, for coming over today and reminding me I AM a grown up. It's so nice to feel like a real person who has real conversations sometimes. Sorry about the chaos and the mess...

Lili has learned to bite and though when Papa shouts "Ouch!" she feels so terrible that she cries inconsolably for 2 full minutes it would seem that when Mama says it it is funny. Hmmm...

Lili: Come to think about it, whenever Mama does anything it is pretty hysterical. Get in trouble because you pull her hair? Never, she's just playing as she says "No!" and tries to detangle our little fists from her curls. Touch the electronics and books? Sure, why not. After all, it's pretty stinking funny any time she says no or even slaps our hands. What a fun game. I try to touch it and she tries to bat my hand, I pull it away, laugh and try again.

Addi: And she makes these funny faces like she's upset or something. Maybe she's just constipated or something. They are pretty silly. And if you just smile at her or try to lean over and kiss her she laughs too! What fun!

Mama: Story of my life. Never taken seriously. No matter how "mean" I try to look or even say things forcefully or once or twice even yell they just think it's a hoot. Some kind of game. And how do you not laugh when you go to swat a hand and Lili leans forward to give you a head butt (her idea of a hug of sorts) and kiss you. Also, girls, I am tiring fast of wrestling your diapers and clothes on you...

Addi: So are we! Just let us be Mama! We don't mind being naked. Really. And stop trying to roll up my sleeves, they are just fine the way they are. If I want to use my fingers I will just figure it out myself!

Lili: Yeah, and I don't like socks. I just don't. I go to all that work to take them off and you just stick them right back on. Why must you fight it Mama? We will always win.

Addi: Always ;)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.