Monday, January 25, 2010

123456switch,,,CrazygoingslowlyamI...





Monday. The dreaded day. Busy at work; just pure craziness each and every Monday. Then home to a good dose of the same. You know it's bad when your babysitter comments on how your kids turn from sweet little angels into seriously wild little trouble makers. WTF? Is it every kid? Why must we instantly start up with the biting, the climbing, the pulling, the fighting, the throwing? What is to be gained from it? I'm already on the floor eager to give hugs and kisses until I waste away but apparently everyone just wants negative attention. Mama is officially at her wits end. The screaming never seems to cease. Fighting with each other over toys. Or maybe just because. Crying because I dared to leave the room to use the bathroom. Just sit at the gate and sob. Maybe peek under it once or twice, but mostly just sob continuously. I can't punish anyone because they just find it funny. We can't just play nice with Mama. It's just not possible. Am I a bad mom if I say that sometimes it is just hard to be around my kids. Ugghh. Now I just feel like crap. It's true. There is something about the weekend that makes it more bearable. Maybe they aren't as bad since they've seen you all day. Maybe it's because it's those few days I have a teammate and I'm not doing it alone. I'm not out numbered.

But I love them. I do (said more for myself at this moment than for you). I love how you can lead them by the hand now. I love how they are finally learning to blow. I love how they pat their bellies in hopes you'll pound on them or give them raspberries. I love how they stop mid walk for a giant wobble but then continue on as if nothing happened. I love how Lili stands on her head and tries to peek at you and grab at you from between her legs. I love how they zombie dance. I love their scream faces. I even love their very saddest, driving me nuts, nothing can make me happy faces. I love them. I do, i do, i do, I swear. I just have a slower time to remember sometimes.



1 comment :

  1. Your daughters are adorable!

    I read in some parenting article that when young kids are being holy terrors that we should take it as a compliment. Your Little grils have learned that you love them unconditionally, even when they have a tantrum. So, they'll let loose whenever they feel the need and feel safe doing so.

    So, good job, Mommy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.