Oh, what a week, for poor little Addi that is. Not that Lili's week has been so hot. I do recall getting a phone call from one of the triage nurses saying my hubby was on the tele and that Miss Lili was bleeding from the mouth and had a loose tooth. Fear not, folks, this quickly turned to "I think it's just crooked" then to "I don't think it's crooked, I think it's just how I was looking at it". These things don't happen when Mama's home, I said. No, they sure don't and Lili is just fine, thank you for asking. Addi, well, she fell and bumped her face on the corner of our PADDED coffee table and promptly grew a slight black eye and a cut with a little bit of blood. But why stop there. Why not turn your back, Mama, for just 4 seconds while in the kitchen? Imagine what my face might have looked like when I turned to find her standing on the second step up the stairs and then as I started to CALMLY walk toward her then watch her fall like a rag doll down those steps and hit her head. Oh, the images that passed in those first fractions of the second it took for her to pick up her head and scream at me. A small red bump is all to show. Talk about feeling like a bad, bad mama. And if I couldn't have felt worse I decided to try to smush her fingers in the kitchen cabinet while making waffles this morning. I mean, I remember thinking "Jeez, why won't this damn thing SHUT already?!" as I really squished them in there. Oh how she wailed! In my defense she was on the other side of the safety gate (did I mention the new rule of no more babies in the kitchen?) sneaking her little hand through to the cupboard. I didn't even notice until the tears. Uggh... Bad, bad, bad mama. But they still love me. That's a relief. I don't even get so mad when they bite now. I mean, I kinda have it coming. Maybe they've just known that all along.
P.S.) Tom & Anita- Thanks tons! I thought I had a cute picture of the ladies in their new hats, but alas, I can't seem to find it! I will post it as soon as I come across it. Muchos gracias!
P.P.S.) Sorry about the delay between posts. I hope to improve upon this.
I had my first experience with that this past week when I was folding clothes on our bed and had Gabe caged in on three sides by pillows and laundry and facing with his butt towards the open side. When I turned my back to reach for a hanger he somehow managed to roll himself all the way around and fell onto the hardwood floor. We both cried. Matt assures me I'm not to most terrible mom in the world though and I think I'm just starting to believe him... :)
ReplyDeleteNot a bad mom...not a bad dad...but two very investigative, active, normal one year old little ladies! And that says it all... Just look at Bri's finger...and he still loves me...I think...maybe...???
ReplyDeleteSounds like usual bumps & bruises that any kid gets-you just have the pleasure of having two at the same time. Lucky you!!!! Love, Aunt LU
ReplyDeleteLooks like little Addi needs a big hug from gramma Deb
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh...I'm so sorry, but I actually had a little giggle at this post.
ReplyDeleteNot because I'm evil, but because I could totally relate. Kids falling down stairs, off dryers, slamming little fingers in doors, drawers...you name it!
Sorry, I'll stop my giggling now...