Thursday, February 11, 2010

Lovin' Spoonful

Well, I think it is safe to say that Papa had a pretty good birthday. The rolls were amazing (as always) the potato-corn cakes still need a little work (they always seem to stick to the pan) but the girls still loved them and ate about 3 each! It amazes me how much they can pack away when they really like something. We had a blast at the mall playing. I mean, what could pass up the sight of the fire wrangler from the night before but some crazy guy wacked out on drugs by the play area?! Sound crazy? It is. First off, some crazy guy 2 houses down likes to light the ends of ropes (?) on fire and twirl them around in his back yard just for fun. Second, some guy at the mall who initially seemed to be passed out in a chair ended up being taken away in cuffs as he seemed to be having some serious issues (most likely of the coming down off drugs kind). Oh, and did I mention we saw a rap off at the mall as well? Only here in this weird little town. The cold and the snow seem to make everyone go a little crazy.






Anyway, the girls had a good time and they love to people watch and climb things. What better place. I think we all enjoy just getting out of the house. Won't it be so nice once the weather is calm and we can simply walk down the street to the park and just run? Or go for a walk? Oh, just think of it.

Then later, the chance for a grown up bday meal (what beats a free meal and ice cream from Mexican Village? Oh and singing!). Things have been kind of stressful around here so it was nice to get out and spend some time together away from all the screaming and fighting.

The elliptical has been kicking my butt. I'm up to 7 full minutes now before the yearning for death starts to set in. How truly sad. At least the girls find it interesting in enough to QUIETLY watch from the other side of the barricade and if there is music they might even dance.

Otherwise, I continue my parenting adventures with the realization that my kids have no concept of how to use a spoon. I've just never offered it to them. A couple times in the beginning but they used to to gag themselves repeatedly so I just took it away. So they've once again been brought out. No clue. Whatsoever. Ah well. They'll catch on eventually I hope. They couldn't possibly make more of a mess then they already do.




No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.