I am stealing this idea from Heather over at The Ride who in all fairness stole this idea too. It was fun to read and will be, at least I imagine, freeing. So here goes:
1. I have lost all ambition in life. I know this sounds really sad, but I have no longings to really DO anything with my life since I had the girls. I strive only to get home early as possible from work to see my kids. I am content with that.
2. I am also finding that I find all of my hard-core art friends and the fine art scene a bit pretentious and obnoxious and not to mention boring. I know they think less of me as well for having "given up", but I don't really care anymore. Snobby? I'm slowly turning into a 'fist shaker'. You know, the "Get a real job you damn hippies!"
3. Despite all that, there are times that I can't stand to be around my kids. They drive me nuts and for a moment I think that I might not even like them. Of course, then they smile or do something goofy and it all vanishes. Other times I just sit on the back step and cry. Luckily, that is only very seldom.
4. I miss smoking and the instant stress relief it always seemed to bring.
5. I wash my hair only twice a week (I do however shower more frequently). It's those days that I get to wash it and blow dry it and style it that are my favorite. There is just something about being left alone in the bathroom with my own thoughts...
6. I sometimes have no place to wipe a stray baby booger so I put it in those really tiny pockets on my jeans that don't really seem to hold anything other than chapstick. Gross, I know... but better than stuck to their cheek or my finger, right?
That's probably enough. I better stop while I still have one or two friends left in the world. Post your confessions and let me know so I can read them...
LOL! Seriously, your posts are always so truthful!
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to say how awsome it is that you have embraced motherhood so much! Not that I didn't think you would but I it gives me warm fuzzies when I read how you handle, embrace, and enjoy those little twins of yours!
I may use this post in my own blog world.
Miss you!
Oh so that's where I'm supposed to keep them. Good to know. :)
ReplyDelete