Monday, June 28, 2010

Highs and Lows...

Highs:

*Auntie Lori came to visit and we had a great time. The ladies really love her.

* Delicious rolls, coffee and venison sausage for Sunday breakfast.

*The ladies playing quietly as I write this.

*My aloe plant is having babies- twins! My flowers are all blooming, my seeds sprouted, my clematis has the first flower bud since I planted it 3 years ago, my goldfish plant is finally thriving after inheriting it from my g-gma about 10 yrs ago, my raspberries are producing like crazy and I feel a bit like mother nature herself.

*Beautiful, beautiful sunny days.

*A kick-ass new hair do by the hubby.

Lows:

*Auntie Lori had to leave. I hate leaving my family. I get homesick each and every time still. I will always secretly hope that my sisters move in down the block from me. It will never ever happen but I will still hope.

*My Lili is a bully. Through and through. Hitting, biting, kicking. Mean.

* My children are monkeys and drive me nuts and wear me out. I think I am in over my head.  They climb. They intentionally defy. Ugh.

* Never ending diaper rash. Even if my hubby wouldn't have chickened out on the cloth diapers we would never be able to use them. No sooner do I finally get them healed it starts up again. Sobbing, bleeding, terrible terrible diaper rash. 8 million creams later and nothing magical. Ugh.

* The moments (like now) that my kids are happier and better behaved when I'm not around. It's sad when they behave better when left (ignored!) to play by themselves rather than play with me. So much for time with my kids before bed. Feed them change them let them be... Sad, sniff, sniff.  Feel like I don't even see them.

3 comments :

  1. Your "Ups" sound great!

    The diaper rash sounds terrible. I've heard that recurring diaper rash might be a kind of yeast infection.

    Lili might need a boardbook copy of "Hands are Not for Hitting" (I know they have it at Barnes and Noble). http://www.freespirit.com/catalog/item_detail.cfm?ITEM_ID=239

    Good luck and have fun!
    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean your "Highs", not your Ups. Oops. :)

    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate leaving too... plus, I secretly wish we all lived in the same neighborhood too. I had fun! AND I get to see you again sooner than later :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.