Thursday, June 17, 2010

Kitchen Pictures

So last Friday while the hubby was away I managed to paint my kitchen. I had been wanting to do so for awhile. Alas, I still have mint green ceilings and green countertops and cabinets that need painting, but that will get done eventually- now I know what I will be doing with my summer vacation time. I started at 7:30 after the girls went to bed and finished around midnight. Did you know I can move a fridge? Neither did I. Not far, but I moved the sucker enough to paint so that no yellow shows. I think it turned out well.

I also impressed myself with the patience I put into making my curtains. When it comes to sewing I love to cut corners, but it never succeeds in giving good results. So I made sure to take my time and press and pin just as I should. I was so proud with how they turned out and hung them as soon as they were finished (about midnight Saturday night). To my dismay, they all turned out a bit short. Ugghhh. This is why I hate math. I measured I swear, but I think I underestimated the natural flow of fabric vs. a hard tape measure and should have given myself more leeway. They will get fixed... one of these days anyway!

I still want to make a table runner as well. Hello? Free time? Where are you? Oh yeah, being sucked up here on the computer. I also need to make a cushion for the bench seat that my father built almost 2 yrs ago now. Oh, and finally paint the rough edges on the bench. Do you know how much foam costs? Ouch. So it will be a little while before the bench is complete. I have the fabric though.... Can't wait!

2 comments :

  1. Love, love, love the gray and yellow! Now I know that gray actually can appear on a wall and look wonderful! You will have spare time...what seems like forever but will be tomorrow...when you are sitting at home wondering where those two girls are and when will they be home??? Very proud of our daughter-in-law!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really proud of you!!! Good job! They looks great!! Love Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.