Sunday, August 1, 2010

Chop-Chop

Took the ladies in for their first official haircut today to the best stylist in town. Papa. Nothing but the best for my little ladies. They were pretty excited to sit in the big girl chair and even to wear the cape... Well, initially anyway. Their hair was getting a bit long in the front and starting to bug them so we gave them bangs. Once it fills out a little more I think that we will give them each their own unique hair cut, but for now it's just stringy, curly mullets with bangs. Though the curls don't really lend to the bang effect real well. But they are definitely cute.


(Lili in pink and Addi in Blue)

My position at the clinic will be changing shortly. I applied for a new position that had opened. Still in Pediatrics but more of an office job. I love the kids, but am needing a break from patient care. It will be 12 or 13 years now that I've been in nursing and I think it is time for a change. The position will eventually lend to more flexible and more normal hours. Out the door when the clock hits 5pm. I will miss working with my DDP but we will still be working together in a different regard. She was very encouraging when I spoke with her and actually made me feel better about applying for the position. I will slowly start to make the change come Monday, but it will be a process as this position hasn't even existed prior to this. It will be an adventure. I even finally broke down and hemmed my dress pants that have been too long for ages. I will eventually get to wear real clothes to work. I had brought down a pair of heels to help determine the length and Lili just couldn't resist. And like any girl wearing heel for the first time I think she about broke her ankle when she tried to walk in them.

We took the girls on a bike ride yesterday which was a real hoot. Too bad it's raining today. Brian is doing great- biking almost everyday. We are so proud of him lately. He has undertaken a huge step to getting healthier- it is something we both decided to do and hope to pass onto our girls. He, unlike me, has had the added benefit to losing over 20 lbs now! Bravo! He's doing excellent- now if only he would share his secrets to his willpower. However, I'm sure the pounds will start falling off of me as I will be chasing and beating the girls off him with sticks! (I hope this post doesn't embarrass you baby, we're just so proud of you!)

1 comment :

  1. I think daddy looks like he totally enjoyed the whole thing..the girls don't look too sure! What fun! Mom W.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.