Brian & I celebrated 4 years together this last day of September (along with my grandparents - Happy Belated!). In celebration we decided to take a weekend to ourselves. We could have traveled, yes, but decided to save the travel time and the gas and stick here in town (plus I am a bit of a wienie and have a hard time being to far from my ladies). We decided to explore and take advantage of all the things we've never done or no longer get to do having two rambunctious girls. We spent two nights at a local hotel. Enjoyed the hot tub, sauna, pool. Attempted to sleep in (big failure- those girls have ruined us) and sleep uninterrupted (another failure thanks to drunken idiots who pull fire alarms). Ate at the new Indian restaurant (AWESOME!) and an old favorite Chinese place.
The best part was all the time we got to spend outside. We took a walk at the local history museum, a trip to the local orchard for pumpkins and cider and the beloved honey sticks.The air and the leaves were spectacular. It couldn't have been more beautiful out.
Hell, we even got to use a port-a-potty! Yep, it was that awesome. But seriously, it was great getting the chance to feel like a real couple for a change. We got dressed up like grown ups for a night on the town (we'll leave out the part about being back at the hotel at 9:30) and sat in an snuggled over a movie and pizza. It was exactly what I wanted.
Yeah, we're a pretty cute couple. Thanks. And thanks to Nana for entertaining the girls while we were away. I think they missed us. I got some pretty aggressive kisses from Miss Addi anyway once we got back. And though it is chaos, pure chaos, I am glad to be back.
You ARE a cute couple! So envious of your weekend away...it is sooooo important to stay connected as a couple, thanks for the reminder!!
ReplyDeleteOoh la la! I really really like the pumpkin picture :) MISS YOU GUYS!
ReplyDeleteIt IS very important to have time to share with you as a couple and not just a mama and papa. It helps being those alot easier to get times like these. Glad you had fun...you are a great looking couple!
ReplyDeleteThat mushroom picture is fabulous! Mushrooms are so cute! I can't wait to go to a pumpkin patch.. I'm hoping to go tomorrow! xoxo
ReplyDelete