Well, it was a hairy drive, but we made it home to my parents safe and sound. It only took 4 hrs instead of 3. Thanks to my empathetic and understanding boss lady (yes you, Miss Molly- thanks again!) I was able to take today off work so that we could leave last night and beat the storm. I really didn't want to miss the chance to spend some quality time with my sister, Erin, while she's home. Despite being up late, cleaning up vomit at 3:30am and a giant scream fest resulting in everyone being awake at 4 am on, it was totally worth the trip.
Despite puking her guts out in the wee hours of the morning, Lili reminded me how much I love her by proceeding to give me a dozen or so vomit scented kisses, stroking my head and rubbing my hand while I attempted to go back to sleep even though she was the one who was sick. After that she seemed fine, running around like a mad woman at 5am playing with grandpa while I struggled to keep my eyes open. Apparently, cold french fries at 9pm wasn't such a hot idea. Oops. Live and learn and puke in your playpen I guess.
So we are here until Monday and since I forgot to pack the camera cables you will just have to wait for Christmas photos and such. Whon-whon-whon. Patience is a virtue, young grasshopper.
No comments :
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.