Monday, December 6, 2010

Your face is going to stick like that

So we finally got the tree up. The girls were a bit confused I am sure as to why Mama & Papa would assemble a tree in the middle of the living room. Once they saw those lights, though, it all made sense. Apparently, Mama & Papa just got bored and wanted something pretty with "liehs" to hang the new toys from.

Being our first born, by one whole whopping minute, Addi had the honor of placing the star on the tree this year. She thought she was pretty cool. Other than the star, all the ornaments on our tree are our family's. We've decided to start a new tradition and only place our family ornaments on the tree each year (nothing from before we got married). This way we can watch it get fuller and fuller as the years pass. Once our little fledglings leave our nest then we can go back to using our own ornaments (from when we were kids and such) to fill in the gaps.


No ornaments have yet perished, however, a few have gone MIA for awhile. It's classic. Suddenly, from the other room you hear "No-no. No no no....No-no...No...No-no..." It is the sound of trouble. Someone has either A. Changed the TV channel after getting hold of the "mote" B. Gotten into the TV cabinet and pulled out all the Wii equipment C. Taken paraphernalia off the tree D. Two or more of the above.


We also hung our stockings this year. Apparently, Papa has thought we were all very bad children this year as he used some wussy-ass nails to hang them. I like to think I was much more well behaved than that. Addi & Lili, well, I suppose those nails are about the right size.

I will leave you with Addi's new "pize" (that's "surprise" for those of you that don't speak toddler). She wowed me with this one the other evening straight up out of the blue. This is apparently what she learned either A. At daycare B. From Papa after Mama leaves for work C. From Mama trying to make smiles in the stocking picture above D. Too much Spongebob.

As Beth would tell me, "Spongebob rots your brain". Proof enough. I am convinced!

1 comment :

  1. Do they watch Yo Gabba Gabba? They do a section called "Funny Faces." That one is a classic that is always featured there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would LOVE to hear from you...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.